Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Facebook

I have had a Facebook page for a few months and have really enjoyed keeping up with friends and family members. I was glad to read the article, "Ten Privacy Settings Every Facebook User Should Know." I went back and edited my page accordingly.

The things people say on Facebook are surprising to me. They talk about when and where they are going on vacation without considering that someone could possibly access that information and rob them while they are out of town. They also share very personal information sometimes that I am not comfortable sharing and/or reading.

I do enjoy being on Facebook, though. I think people just need to think before they write and remember that the whole world can view what they say or upload if they're not careful.

This is not a resource I would use with young kids. In my opinion, they would need to be supervised while using it in order to prevent security issues. It would be something to talk with parents about and maybe offer a parenting class on since it is so popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment