Saturday, August 1, 2009

YouTube

Wow! There are so many creative people out there!

I watched several videos that I found on a blog called "Best of Library Videos." My favorite was one called "Thank You Note." If you haven't ever seen it, it's worth watching. It's the story of how going to the library influenced someone's life. Very inspiring!

YouTube can be used for so many things. Some of the videos I saw could be used for recruitment ("Work @ Your Library PSA"), inspiration ("Thank You Note"), new ideas and innovations ("Mindspot the Movie: The Library as a Universe"), and more. The possibilities are endless! Some of them were quite effective.

One school made YouTube videos for National Library Week. I thought that was a great idea. You can use YouTube for booktalks or to make announcements or to share author or research information. What can't you do with YouTube?

You can also share the videos on Facebook. I did that with a couple of them. My favorite YouTube video of all time is called "Annoying (but very funny) mom sayings." If you're a mom and want a good laugh, you'll enjoy this video even though it's not school-related.

No comments:

Post a Comment