Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Own 23 Things

Since I am the only staff person in my school library, I would use this program with the teachers and staff at my school. In fact, I've shared a little about it on Facebook and have already had two people ask if I would teach them something about Facebook and YouTube. Teachers are interested in being technologically savvy, and it is my job to help them as much as I can.

I feel that this was a very important class for me to take and one that will be useful to me in the future. One other librarian from my school district took this class, and we will probably encourage all of the librarians in our district to sign up for it. We've thought about creating one for our district librarians. We could adapt it to include using flip cameras and Flickr, digital projectors and videostreaming, scanners, etc. or the free databases available through Region XI. It could include anything they are interested in that would help them become better communicators and teachers.

Since I am not an upfront type of person, I like the idea of teaching the class via the web. But then again, I guess that's the whole point--using the web to communicate!

No comments:

Post a Comment