Saturday, August 1, 2009

Reflection

I really enjoyed this whole course. I learned so much! I think one of my favorite things to learn about was Flickr. I'm a scrapbooker, so I was interested in all the tools for use with photographs. It was a lot of fun playing with some of them! I had also thought about writing a blog. Now I feel confident that I can do that, and I know all the basics for getting started. Delciious was another favorite. My least favorite thing was probably Digg. I don't see a lot of use for it in my job, and I don't really have time for it. Some of the technical information presented in the "things" was challenging for me to understand. I still don't understand RSS feeds.

I learned so much about so many ways to communicate via the web. I knew there were a lot of ways to communicate, but I didn't know the half of it. I was amazed at the creativity of people all over the world and overwhelmed by the amount of information that is available at my fingertips. I would like to use Delicious this year with fellow librarians and even parents and kids. I would also like to use podcasting and YouTube (if it's not blocked) with the kids.

All in all, this has been a great experience. You made it fun and attractive by letting us know that we could "play" for 15 minutes a day and learn at the same time. Although I spent a lot more than 15 minutes on each thing, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thank you very much!

1 comment: